Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cleaning up after yourself is hard

Dear blog,

There's no shortage of driveway related rants on this blog. The reason for this is because my lying roommate, though she had agreed to maintain the driveway situation, has decided against it. Of course, I really can't blame her. Sweeping is hard! Besides, what's the point of cleaning something up if it's just going to get messy again?

I thought I was helping her out when I took the initiative and sprinkled cat litter on the La Brea Tar Pits that had begun to accumulate on the driveway we're renting. Neither did I know, the 5 minutes it took me to sprinkle cat litter on the driveway was just the easy part!

In order to better understand her situation, I decided to bite the bullet and sweep up the cat litter that I sprinkled in order to soak up the oil slicks created by the 2 out of three roommates who live here that are not me. Besides, I think 2 months is long enough for the litter to do its job.

I swept it into little piles. Then I had to get the shovel to scrape up some of the caked on areas. After that, I swept the piles into the dust pan and dumped them into a bucket. The entire ordeal lasted 17 grueling minutes. Wowee! Now I really feel like a jerk. I mean asking for 25 minutes per month of time and effort between 2 different people. That is literally 25 seconds per day each!!

Besides, if there's anything I have learned in my 29 years on this planet, it is this... When you have a problem, the best way to take care of it is to ignore it and hope that it goes away.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. lovin on the last part of this one. i see now where soulkid gets her philosophy in life. good job cuz :))
    miss you

    tell ian to start a blog -- a real one.
    tell him hi too-

    i think it's time for you to update here -- don't you?
    love me

    ReplyDelete